- Feedback is the foundation of all relationships. It affects the way people think, feel, act, and react. The quality of relationships is dependant on the quantity and quality of the feedback.
- Achievement requires continuous feedback.
- People would rather be inspired than fixed or corrected.
- In organizations real power and energy is generated through relationships.
- I absolutely believe that people, unless coached, never reach their maximum capabilities. Bob Nardelli
- Employees trade their performance for their coach’s appreciation, approval, and applause.
- Trust and communication are the two organizational problems listed most often by employee surveys. Any performance improvement program needs to address these two areas.
- One of the most valuable additions to a person’s life that a leader can provide is reassurance.
- Where there’s a lack of feedback, people will manufacture their own feedback, quite often based on their worst fears.
- It discourages people when they have to guess where you’re coming from every day.
- When you ignore people (intentionally or unintentionally) they will think you are uncaring, unconcerned, aloof, and/or arrogant.
- Be alert for people whose questions aren’t questions. They could be pleas for attention.
- There is nothing else that so kills the ambition of a person as criticism from superiors. Charles Schwab
- Abilities wither under criticism. They blossom under encouragement. Dale Carnegie
- There is no such thing as constructive criticism. Dale Carnegie
- Negative criticism can cause: resentment, depression, anger and/or sabotage.
- People will sabotage your leadership if they feel alienated and under-appreciated.
- Without goals, people will just fight fires, work through emotional upsets, and worry about the dysfunctional behavior of other people.
- If you are a “babysitter”………… you’ll find “babies.”
If you are a “problem-solver”……you’ll find “problems.”
If you are a “firefighter”…………. you’ll find “fires.”
If you are a “coach”………………you’ll find “players!”
REGARDLESS OF TITLE, YOUR JOB IS PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT COACH