SUGGESTION: Review the following nine points and make a commitment to abide by all of them on a regular basis and/or pick one a week to work on for the next nine weeks.
When you do these things on a regular basis, you will not only enjoy your job, you’ll love it:
- Take responsibility for loving your job instead of blaming others.
- Focus on what you are passionate about in your job.
- Avoid sarcasm.
- Make a list of things you are thankful for in your work.
- Set work and learning goals, for yourself, for your team.
- Become more creative in your work.
- Balance your work with important outside activities.
- Perform one act of kindness for your customers or colleagues every day.
- Review and renew job resolutions regularly.
Awakening Corporate Soul: Four Paths to Unleash the Power of People at Work
by Eric Klein and John Izzo
Do more than touch:feel.
Do more than look: observe.
Do more than read:absorb.
Do more than hear: listen.
Do more than listen: understand.
Do more than think: reflect.
Do more than just talk: say something.